Wyewood Business Meeting
February 26, 2016 7:15-7:56
Notes from Liadain ni Sheanachain
– Herald – two badge submissions have been returned. Sergeanty badge is pending
– Archery – no report
– Rapier – practice is happening, Sundays 1pm at Kennydale Elementary
– Arts and Sciences – A&S Championship did not happen at St Bubba’s due to lack of entrants; it will happen at a later event. Arts activities (project days, fiber nights, music practice) are happening within the Barony.
– Chatelaine – We have copies of the Known World Handbook available
– Exchequer – checking balance $7814.81, savings $6704.12
– Chronicler – no report
– Chamberlain – no report
– Webster – A test email has been sent out to the officers; please respond as requested.
– Baroness – We are excited about the upcoming polling. Bearwood Lunar Tea was fun.
– Baron – Candalmas events are coming up and so is Baronial polling.
– March 25th will be the Wyewood business meeting and baronial polling.
The Baron and Baroness of Aquaterra (Duchess Angharad and Bryson) will be in attendance as the representatives of the Crown and Kingdom Seneschal to collect the polling forms. Populace members unable to attend in person need to request Absentee Polling Forms by emailing Seneschal@Wyewood.org before March 12th.
Reported by Seneschal
– Wyewood Champions has a suggested date of August 6, 2016. This date currently conflicts with Druim Doineann’s Feast or Famine in Port Angeles and is listed as a Level 1 event. Several emails have been sent and a phone call placed with their Seneschal to request that we be able to conflict with their event; we haven’t yet received a response. Lord Xenos has a submitted a bid to be the Event Steward.
Reported by Seneschal
– Arts Unframed had a scheduled date of October 16. Unfortunately this
conflicts with Home Coming. The date will be changed to October 8th. BAO already had their sarjeanty trials scheduled for that date but they will be moving to a different date. A Date Reservation Form for October 8th has been submitted to the Kingdom Calendar.
Reported by Event Steward, Dame Esclarmonde
– Twelfth Night January 2017. 459 room nights have been reserved of a commitment of 405 room nights. The hotel continues to accept new reservations at the SCA rate. I suggest that the Barony reserve a suite on the Penthouse level and will submit information about this prior to the April business meeting. Report by Event Steward, Lady Liadain ni Sheanachain
– Additional sets of the Wyewood serve ware are available for purchase for $80 plus tax. This includes 2 bowls and 2 plates.
– The projector has been returned.
– Ramona/Ealusaid of Clan Blackstag will discuss June Faire Camping at the March business meeting.
– Ameline has brought books and beads and other items for sale.
– Liadain will be hosting project days on Saturday February 27th and Sunday March 13th.
-Liadain ni Sheanachain